Oh. My. Gosh. I’m thrilled to announce that I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by @frugalfloridamom. Thank you so very, very much! It means the world to me.
But before I start blogging away, let me tell you a bit more about the Sunshine Blogger Award. It’s an award made for bloggers who are creative, positive, and always aim to be inspiring.
It’s now my turn to pass on this awesome award to 11 new nominees! They’ll be required to:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link it back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Before I answer the questions asked by @frugalfloridamom, I want to tell you a little bit about my 11 nominees!
- My first nominee is Morgan at @mommonsterblog. I love how real Morgan is about parenting a toddler. Morgan portray’s the hardships with grace all the while continuing to be as positive as she can and keeping a smile on her face! You are creative, positive, and inspiring, Morgan! Keep up the great work, mama!
- My second nominee is Emily at @savedbyabigailgrace. There aren’t enough words in the human language to describe how caring Emily is with her daughter Abigail, who was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. Emily discusses challenges that her family has faced as well as how she continues to keep a positive outlook on being a special need’s parent. You are creative, positive, and inspiring, Emily! Keep it up.
- My third nominee is Maria at @imommy.blog. I seriously love reading Maria’s blog and keeping up with her adorable family on IG. She’s incredibly real about parenting her children, and doesn’t hesitate to acknowledge the hardships all while giving advice on how to overcome them. You are creative, positive, and inspiring, Maria! Thank you for being so kind and generous to me with your advice.
- My fourth nominee is Raquel at @thecoolmomsblog. Raquel gives awesome advice when it comes to motherhood, life, and doing both of those things with style! She’s expecting her third baby this upcoming August, all while continuing to go to school and be a full time parent and blogger. You rock, Raquel! You are creative, positive and inspiring. Thanks for sharing your tips with the world and being not a regular mom, but a cool mom!
- My fifth nominee is Jayne @thisconnecticutmom. She gives great tips for parent’s, living in the Connecticut area, on places to to bring their little ones. She knows how difficult it can be to find fun, safe activities for children and simply wants to help parents who are going through the same struggles she was. You are creative, positive, and inspiring, Jayne! Thanks for being so helpful.
- My sixth nominee is Vicki at @babiestobookworms. I love reading to my little Finley every night! I think it’s absolute great how Vicki’s made it her mission to encourage parents to instill a love of reading into their children. She shares great books along with craft ideas to go along with the stories! It’s definitely a blog you must check out. Thank you for being creative, positive, and inspiring, Vicki!
- My seventh nominee’s are Sherri and Emily at @foreveryoungmoms. These two creative mama’s give advice when it comes to pregnancy, babies, toddlers, parenting, and even DIY crafts! You can almost find everything mama on this website, definitely has helped me with tons of questions I’ve had! Thank you guys for being creative, positive, and always inspiring!
- My eighth nominee is Natalie at @newmommasurvival. Natalie is a SAHM who loves blogging about DIY crafts, simple recipes, personal parenting stories, and so much more! Her son Liam is also to die for cute! Thanks for being creative, positive, and inspiring with your blogging, Natalie!
- My ninth nominee is Mish at @tiffindrama! Mish has so many great blog posts to read and learn from, including healthy snacks and recipes, parenting posts, and DIY projects! Her children are also to die for cute! Mish, thanks for being creative, positive, and inspiring!
- My tenth nominee, I’m so happy to say, is Emmy at @emmymom. Here, Emmy shares personal stories and positive happenings in her family life. She also includes some great DIY projects for the entire family to enjoy. Thank you especially for always being positive, Emmy, as well as creative and inspiring!
- Last but not least! My eleventh blogger that I will be nominating for the Sunshine Blogger Award is Chrissie at @onehangrymama. I love reading Chrissie’s blog because she’s not only real about her journey with IVF, but is sharing such an intimate time in her life to benefit other mama’s! She also has many advice articles when it comes to giving gifts, recipes, and so much more! Thanks for being positive, creative, and oh so inspiring, Chrissie!
Here are your 11 questions to answer, mamas!
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- What do you want reader’s to take away from your blog?
- What’s the best blogging advice you’ve been given?
- How many children do you have?
- How old are your LO’s?
- What makes you happiest to be a mother?
- What is the biggest struggle you’ve encountered as a mother?
- What do you do for me time, when you get the chance?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite date night?
- What did you get for Mother’s Day?
There are your questions, ladies! And here are the answer’s to mine:
- Why did you start blogging?
Long story short (because I could go on and on about why I’m where I am) I think it is so important for other young mothers to feel secure in their role. I want them to know that there is someone out there who has gone through the same difficulties they are facing, someone who will not judge and will always be there with an open hand to help.
- Did you have a different career before blogging? If so, what was it?
Before I became a SAHM, I was a Behavioral Aide at Fraser, a special need’s therapy clinic. As I continue with my schooling, I’m hoping to pursue a career down the same path.
- What do you hope people get from your blog?
The help that they’re looking for – it’s as simple as that. I want to provide them with whatever they need.
- What is the biggest mistake you made as a new blogger?
Ah, I’m still pretty new! And I’m sure I’m making mistakes daily. It’s hard finding the time to make sure your blog is running smoothly, you’re putting in as much effort as possible, and it’s being portrayed as best as possible. So, I guess I’d say prioritizing time has been my biggest set-back.
- What has been your biggest win as a blogger?
It doesn’t seem like much but I’ve had almost 1,500 visitors total and I’ve only been up and running for a couple of months. I’m pretty proud of that!
- What are your social media accounts?
- If a celebrity followed your blog, who would you want it to be?
Hmm… That’s a tough one! Right now I’m really into the show New Girl so the first person that pops into my head is Zoey Deschanel. I love her character on the show! She’s so quirky and goofy – I love it!
- What’s the last book you read?
It was just a little bit ago before my baby’s nap time – we read Giraffe’s Can’t Dance! Great children’s book!
- If money was no object, what gift would you want for your next birthday?
A cabin/house in Glacier National Park. Living there would be a dream come true!
- Do you have a hobby?
I love being outside, blogging, and spending time with my little man! I can’t wait until he’s a bit older and loves being outside too.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
“Raising a baby with someone, anyone, is hard work. It doesn’t matter if they’re the love of your life or if you’ve known them for 5 minutes, it’s hard, hard work.” It’s definitely been resonating with me lately! It’s always good to know that you’re not alone in the struggles you face.
Thanks for reading! AND, congratulations, fellow bloggers! I cannot wait to read what you all have to say!