It’s a good day to have a good day! Today, I’m going to focus on the positives in my life. Lexie, creator of the blog Mommy Home Manager, nominated me to post about my top ten favorite things that make me happy. And besides focusing on the good, I also want to use this moment to allow my readers to get to know me a little bit better, and me get to know them as well! If you’re feeling up to the challenge, comment your top ten favorite things! Whether they are food, hobbies, shows, movies, anything at all!
- The first thing that comes to mind for me when I think about my favorite things is the bright, vibrant smile on Finley’s face every time I get him up from a nap or bed in the morning. Nothing beats having someone who is always happy to see you.
- Sam is definitely one of the reasons I’m as happy as I am. But one thing specifically about our relationship that I love is that we can have fun no matter where we are. I love grocery shopping with him because we always end up chasing one another around the store. I love fishing with him, even if it’s quiet and not a word is spoken, I thoroughly enjoy his company. I love drinking a beer with him and eating pizza while we sit at home and watch a movie. It’s just so easy to appreciate the simple things in life when it comes to him. My relationship is definitely something that’s hard to beat, something I’ll never try to beat.
- As I mentioned before, beer. is. amazing. There is absolutely nothing better! Sam and I have a tradition that whenever we buy beer, we always get something new to try and we keep a bottle cap from each one. We’ve definitely come across some that we have not liked, but I love the collection we’ve acquired together!
- Target. If you’ve ever read my blogs, or anything on my social media platforms, you know that Target is my go to. There’s something about it that’s soothing to me. I probably spend way too much time there, and way too much money, but there isn’t any other store that could top it.
- Writing is another thing that brings me happiness. As a mother, I’ve found it’s hard for me to put myself first. But when I do come across some me time, and have the energy to write, I lose myself in it. I’m someone who always trips over my words as I’m speaking. I’m not sure why, I’ve just always had a hard time finding the right words to say in a conversation. But if you give me a pen and paper, or my laptop and Microsoft Word, I can convey how I’m feeling perfectly.
- I’m going to come back to Finley because, well, he’s just so cute! I’ve been feeling melancholy lately. I’ve been looking at pictures of how much he’s grown in the past six months and it’s really hit me how fast the time has gone. But I’ve forgot to concentrate on how much he’s grown as a person. Just the other day I was giving him a bath. He’s obsessed with wash cloths and I usually let him play with one in the bath as I’m washing his hair, fingers, toes, and everything in-between. When all of a sudden, I heard him sucking the water out of the wash cloth. As I looked at him, he paused what he was doing and the biggest smile swept over his face. It may just be that I’m his mom and I think everything he does is adorable, but I haven’t been able to forget that moment. It was almost as if he knew I was watching him discover new things, and he felt proud. Being able to watch him grow into the person he’ll be has been such a blessing, something I’ll never regret.
- As lame as this one is going to sound, another thing that brings me happiness is cleaning. I’ve always been a little OCD, wanting everything to be clean and orderly around my home. But the one thing I rarely tell people is that I thoroughly enjoy tidying up. Whether I’m doing the dishes, vacuuming, folding laundry, or dusting picture frames, I’m content. It’s my way of unwinding in my thoughts and processing information from a situation I’m stressed about.
- While I haven’t been able to get out in a while, running is another one of my passions. For myself, it’s another safe space where I’m able to just process my thoughts and think to myself. I’m not a very confrontational person, I like to think before I speak, and a lot of that thinking happens while exercising.
- Baking is another thing I love! While I try to cook, I’ve always been more of a baker. Banana bread, apple cinnamon Bread, and chocolate chip cookies and a few of my favorites!
- Lastly but not least, to keep things simple, ice cream will always have a special place in my heart. You can never go wrong with rocky road ice cream!
Life has a way of throwing curve balls at us. It’s often easy to get caught up in the negatives and forget about all of the great things we have. I’m definitely guilty of it. But that’s why I’m challenging you to comment your top ten favorite things! Like I said before, it’s a good day to have a good day! Start it off right by focusing on the positives.